Design management: to ensure quality of the design.
- Cooperating with design consultant to prepare design document for legal process and construction work.
- Checking design document before transferring to other department. Contents of checking can include, but are not limited to:
Ø Appropriateness to project requirements;
Ø Compliance with legal regulations, design codes;
Ø Effectiveness (balance between cost and quality);
Ø Construct ability;
Ø Risks caused by design (if any).
- Giving ideas to improve design quality.
- Supporting other department in design work, both technically and legally (if any).
Construction management: to ensure construction work goes smoothly.
- Cooperating with site team to solve site issues, both technically and legally.
- Review and give opinion on Request For Change, Request For Information (RFC/RFI) occurred during construction phase. Contents of reviewing include, but are not limited to: necessity of change, cost variation, schedule variation, etc.
- Monitoring and report on construction schedule, quality, and, if any, Health-Safety-Environment (HSE) issues.
- Checking site if required (not so often).
Cost control: to ensure investment is used effectively and within approved budget.
- Cooperating with Quantity Surveyor (QS) consultant to prepare cost estimate document.
- Checking cost estimate document. Contents of checking can include, but are not limited to
Ø Suitability of quantity in Bill of Quantity (BOQ) and the design.
Ø Appropriateness of document used as basis for estimate.
Ø Appropriateness of code of works applied.
- Monitoring cost variation occurred during construction phase.
- Summarize information and make report on cost.
- Supporting legal team regarding to technical issues while working with authority, other parties.